Thanks to Roger Stolle, owner extraordinaire of the Cathead Music & Arts for putting together this list!
Here is list of Clarksdale accommodations. You’ll see lots of cool new options in downtown Clarksdale. Also, there are many traditional mainstream choices out on highway 61, one mile or so from downtown, such as the Hampton Inn.
*Quapaw Canoe Company has a reciprocal partnership with the recently built “Travelers Hotel” — use MAYTHERIVERBEWITHYOU for a 10% discount. Also recommend the Auberge Youth Hostel — super cool — kind of like an upscale luxury version of a youth hostel, with youth hostel pricing in dormitory rooms. Run by a New Orleans couple who also run one there.
OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS — Where to stay.
CLARKSDALE, MISSISSIPPI – Main “Delta blues” town; only Mississippi town with live blues 7 nights a week; home of Delta Blues Museum, Cat Head blues store, Rock & Blues Museum, Red’s Lounge, Ground Zero Blues Club, etc.; centrally located for festivals in region; 80 min. south of Memphis; 70 min. north of Greenville/Leland; 60 min. from Oxford, Greenwood or Indianola; 30 min. from Helena, AR.
SPECIALTY HOTELS/B&Bs/CONDOS/APTS (unique or historic lodging – mostly downtown):
- Clark House Residential Inn – Restored home of Clarksdale founder John Clark; quiet, historic neighborhood, very convenient to downtown. Click link or call 662-621-1632.
- Delta Cotton Company Apartments above world-famous Ground Zero Blues Club in downtown Clarksdale. Click link or call 662-645-9366 or 662-621-9009. https:// www.facebook.com/DeltaCottonCompany
- The Lofts at Five & Dime – Luxury condo apartments above old Woolworth building — now the Yazoo Pass restaurant — downtown. Click link or call 662-645-8874.
- Higher Purpose downtown apartments (formerly Bluestown Inn); two units, A: https:// abnb.me/Wd26cge7H3 and B: https://abnb.me/rXH03pq7H3.
- High Cotton Condos apartments, downtown, Gr8bokys@yahoo.com, 901-326-8571.
- Haberdashery Lofts, downtown, email@example.com, 901-326-8571
- Blues Hound Flat apartment, downtown, 901-272-0230 (www.blueshoundflat.com)
- Squeeze Box, Delta Digs and The Hooker Hotel — 3 apartments, 2nd & Delta downtown, contact John Magnusson 732-740-6155, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holy Moly building includes Eastern Star Executive Suite (305 Issaquena Ave.) furnished rental apartment (ground floor 1000 sq ft, full kitchen/laundry as well as longer term rental apartments. www.theholymoly.com • https://www.vrbo.com/609130
- Chateau DeBris guest house, 111 Leflore Ave. downtown, group stays of 8-10 people (or room rentals by night). Chateaudebris.com. Call John Magnusson 732-740-6155.
- Travelers Hotel, 212 3rd St., downtown – www.stayattravelers.com (or find them on Facebook).
- Auberge Clarksdale Hostel, E 2nd St. & Delta Ave., downtown (sister to one in New Orleans); first hostel in town – www.aubergehostels.com
- The Riverside Hotel – The most blues-historic place to stay in the world. “It’s where Bessie Smith died and Ike Turner lived!” (Former owner Frank “Rat” Ratliff passed away in 2013, but his daughter Zee is running it just fine.) Email Zee at email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org or call 662-624-9163, 662-645-3152.
- Shack-up Inn and Cotton Gin Inn – Very popular, historic accommodations on the grounds of the old Hopson Plantation, near Hwy 61 bypass & 49), 662-624-8329.
- Shacksdale Motel – Located across RR track from Shack-up, https://www.facebook.com/ shacksdale/
- The Loft at Hopson Plantation – Large loft located beside Shack-up Inn (near Hwy 61 bypass & 49); also ask about small house rentals, 662-902-3866.
*The Sunflower Cottage on the River – Three bedroom house near Hopson Commissary.
- “Johnnie Be Goode’s” House (2 bed/1.5 bath, near downtown), 209-304-3815 or 209-217-6040 (email@example.com, www.vrbo.com #146407).
- Rusty’s Roost: newly renovated, cozy, comfy, 2BR 1BA cottage; located in historic district adjacent to downtown; Flexible long term rates upon request; Pets considered requiring pre- approval. Book thru VRBO / Homeaway OR just inquire via RentRustysRoost@gmail.com.
- Gimme Gumbo Apartment. Nightly / short-term rental. Across from Cat Head on Delta Ave. Double bed, foldout couch, kitchen, washer/dryer. Debbie: 662-302-1256, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Honey Hill Bed & Breakfast – “Elegant retreat on the Sunflower River”; contact Heath or Torey, email@example.com or 405-618-1157.
- Bobo Guesthouse (in historic neighborhood adjacent to downtown) – 2-story brick guesthouse w/2 bedrooms, 1 bath. For info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-927-0522.
- Air B&B for Clarksdale – https://www.airbnb.com/s/Clarksdale–MS
- Vacation Rentals by Owner – http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/mississippi/ clarksdale
GENERAL HOTELS/MOTELS (largest/newest generally starting at top of list):
- Hampton Inn (15000 New Africa Rd., behind McDonald’s), 662-621-1717
- Comfort Inn (on 818 S State State St. a.k.a. 161), 662-627-5122 (www.comfortinn.com)
- Rodeway Inn (formerly “Executive Inn,” 710 State St. a.k.a. 161), 662-627-9292
- America’s Best Value Inn (350 S State Street a.k.a. 161), 662-621-1110
- Budget Inn (420 S State Str. a.k.a. 161), 662-624-6541
- Uptown Motor Inn (sometimes called the “Uptown” or “Downtowner” by locals, located downtown at 305 E. 2nd St.), 662-627-3251
- Southern Inn (1904 N. State Street a.k.a. 161), 662-624-6558
- Royal Inn (1910 N. State Street a.k.a. 161), 662-624-4391 (older, very basic place; debatable area; please check it out first)
- (Hick’s Motel — 662-624-9900 — is NOT… again NOT recommended for tourists/visitors; bad area, poorly maintained, etc.)